Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Moving to Charlotte NC and need advice on where to dock a big old boat

A friend of ours lives in Charlotte and keeps his boat on the Wacamaw just south of myrtle beach. The Waccamaw is one of the ICW most scenic stretch. Not far for Charleston for week ends.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks for the help guys. The pointers help a lot in my search.
    West Wind
    1989 67’ CMY Serial 311
    Myrtle Beach, SC

My slip is just across from Lightkeepers which is in a very nice location. The harbor is constantly being flushed out by a fresh water creek on the Highway 17 side of the harbor which makes the bottom paint last a little longer. My bottom lasted from April 2016 to this April and I only had a couple little spots of growth which was amazing since the boat hasn't been out much in that time frame due to a major rewiring project and a couple others. Barefoot is indeed in a very entertaining environment around it but will be more expensive than Lightkeepers. Grand Dunes is a very nice marina as well but you are not really close to much other than Ruth Chris's Steakhouse and the hospital just across the highway. I would honestly say that the biggest factor for you might be finding a slip that is available for that LOA. My taxes here in Horry County was $278 this year. Also, another thing to keep in mind is that your insurance company probably will increase your premiums a bit coming to hurricane territory!

Alex
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina