Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Bringing Miss Maggie Home - 58 LRC

Jim-

Trip is going pretty well.... we have been "runnin' and gunnin" for the most part... up early in the AM and running until late afternoon..... and I'm trying to run the boat as much as much as possible... a crash course in 58 LRC operations.

We are not sure if we're coming up Chesapeake yet or not... if we do we would arrive Friday or Saturday. I did get your PM and responded.

Now for an update....

We left St. Simons at 0615 on Wednesday 6/5 with destination Thunderbolt, GA … near Savannah. Arrived Thunderbolt Marina at 1630... approximately a 100 mile run... I had to wash the boat down even though it really didn't need it.... but just a habit from my sportfish days....

We had a great dinner at Tubby's Tank House... they normally have live music most nights... but this night was BINGO night.... not kidding either.... old fashioned Bingo...

There is a shrimp boat and dock just next door... went over to the dock and got some of the freshest shrimp money can buy.... also an extra 5 pounds to bring home to CT as really good shrimp is hard to get there...

Met this great couple on a 70 Hatt CPMY... Joie de Vie.... they have been cruising for a few weeks.... oddly enough,.. they bought their boat in the same town where I keep my boat.... small world for sure....IMG_1878.jpgIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1883 (1).jpg

On Thursday 6/5 we departed Thunderbolt for Charleston.... update on that coming soon...

In the mean time... here's a few pics from the St. Simons to Thunderbolt (Savannah) leg...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Departed Thunderbolt Marina THursday morning at 0-dark-30.... about 0615 headed for Charleston ... arrived Charleston Harbor Resort around 1930.... very long day... about 110 miles.... BTW... this marina is actually in Mt. Pleasant which is across the river and is a resort as well... had a beautiful pool and amenities... would highly recommend....

Had a couple technical issues with the 32 V and 12 V battery chargers (generators).... turned out to be blown fuses on each.

Lost port generator due to the 12V charger not working ... appears the port gen alternator is not charging when running.... we had lost the starboard gen the previous day and that appears to be the electrical end of the gen... motor runs fine... swaped the starboard gen battery to the port side and made it into Charleston no problem....

We ran into a driving rain storm for about the last 3 hours of the day....

Had dinner at the marina that evening … it was good but not great....

Planned an extra lay day in Charleston to take in some sights and have some great food.... also had Zimmermann Marine come and repair the Master state room vacu-flush.... it was only the duck bills... but I had never done it before and we did not have spare duck bills on board.... they showed up on time and the technician was friendly and efficient … I would highly recommend them if you need service … they have multiple offices up and down the east coast...

Had some lunch Friday at the Oyster House in Charleston and dinner at Paw-Paws... everything was excellent!

Next stop .. Myrtle Beach.... another long run.... IMG_1901.jpgIMG_1904.jpgIMG_1908.jpg
    Last edited by JD5652; 06-11-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Boating sure makes one hungry ! Looks like you are eating well . Edward

I was in Irvington VA this past Week-end and wanted to share a picture of the docks of the Tides Inn. No I did not stage that gorgeous Yacht...it was just there. Space does not seem to be an issue right now

Tides Inn Marina.jpg
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Sure is pretty on the Northern Neck .

Try not to miss the Tides Inn- I haven't been there in years but it was always a great place to go- beautiful grounds, great food, very accommodating folks.