Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Bringing Miss Maggie Home - 58 LRC

Departed Shaeffers Marina in Chesapeake City on Monday 6/17/19 around 0545 for the ~100 mile trek to Atlantic City. We were treated for fair seas, wind and sunshine throughout the day. The AC raw water pump only lost prime once throughout the day. Out of the C&D …. Delaware Bay was flat calm. Arrived Atlantic City around 1730 and docked up at the State Marina near the Golden Nugget hotel. Had a great meal at Vic & Anthony's Steak House.... arguably one of the best meals of the trip. Atlantic City is not what it used to be by any stretch.... but it did provide a safe harbor and great night's rest.

Will be another long day on Tuesday to Port Washington, Long Island.... will be transiting through NYC.... stay tuned for the two last legs of the trip...

IMG_2247.jpgIMG_2249.jpgIMG_2257.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Nice that you had a good run down the Delaware Bay- it can be nasty, it was when I was up there. Can't wait to see more photos. That one of the C&D and the bridge is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Nice that you had a good run down the Delaware Bay- it can be nasty, it was when I was up there. Can't wait to see more photos. That one of the C&D and the bridge is really good.
    Years ago we purchased a 36 Island Gypsy in Baltimore. We went through the C & D canal and was about 7:00 PM in September. I wanted to go back into the canal and spend the night. My brother and close friend talked me into shooting for Cape May. We were 1/2 way there and a freak storm came up and the skies turned green. Waves were every bit of 12' and wind around 50mph. The depth finder was reading close to 0 coming off the waves. Had no choice to head straight out into the ocean to get some water depth. Finally got into the Cape May canal at 1:00 AM. I have been boating since the age of 5 and must say this was the scariest time ever on a boat.
    BobWaz
    1987 40 DC #322
    Knot Again!
    Champlain, NY

Quote Originally Posted by BobWaz View Post
    Years ago we purchased a 36 Island Gypsy in Baltimore. We went through the C & D canal and was about 7:00 PM in September. I wanted to go back into the canal and spend the night. My brother and close friend talked me into shooting for Cape May. We were 1/2 way there and a freak storm came up and the skies turned green. Waves were every bit of 12' and wind around 50mph. The depth finder was reading close to 0 coming off the waves. Had no choice to head straight out into the ocean to get some water depth. Finally got into the Cape May canal at 1:00 AM. I have been boating since the age of 5 and must say this was the scariest time ever on a boat.
    We had a few nasty runs up the Delaware Bay as well which is why I tried most trips to stay in the
    ocean from Sandy Hook, NJ to the Chesapeake. I have also experienced some really smooth runs in
    the Delaware Bay. My "druthers" is stay in the ocean. At least it cuts a day and a half off the trip and
    if I'm going to get bounced around there is always Ocean City, MD or even Indian River inlet to hide
    out for a day or so.

JD, you have awakened lots of old memories of that trip. For that I thank you. I wish you calm seas
    for the balance of your trip.

Walt

Great thread! Keep the posts coming!

Walter.... it's my pleasure to bring back some fond memories for you....

Departed Atlantic City at 0530 for the long 110 mile ... 12 hour trek to Port Washington, Long Island transiting through NY Harbor. Just after departing we encountered rain and fog that stuck with us all day. We were fortunate that the seas were very calm. Once we got into NY Harbor we encountered all type of marine traffic including barges, ferries, and tons of water taxis.... and bridges. It was quite a scenic tour up the East River and through Hells Gate. Arrived at Capri West Marina around 1800. Had a great dinner at Louies Grill & Liquors which was about a 10 minute Uber ride from the marina.

Wednesday is the last leg of the trip into my new marina... stay tuned..

IMG_2294.jpgIMG_2295.jpgIMG_2299.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL