Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bringing Miss Maggie Home - 58 LRC

Decided to just post up another thread for the trip from Daytona, FL to Mystic, CT

Trip is expected to take about 16 days... we are doing almost the complete trip up the ICW so I can get some experience with navigating the ICW.

The previous owner will make the entire trip with me and I have a dock mate from Daytona to Charleston and then another dock mate from Norfolk to Mystic.

Had a great dinner at the Chart House restaurant on Sunday night.

We departed from Daytona Marina Point on Monda around noon as we had a diver put on new zincs before we left. Arrived at Commanche Cove marina in St Augustine around 1630. All went pretty well the first short day of only about 50 miles... another excellent dinner at the King Fish Grill at Commanche Cove Marina.IMG_1793.jpgIMG_1801.jpg

Last edited by JD5652; 06-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Re: Bringing Miss Maggie Home - 58 LRC

...….
    Attached Images
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

We departed Commanche Cove Tuesday morning at 0615 headed for St. Simons Island. About 45 minutes into the day I promptly ran her aground in 4.5 feet of water..... it was not a hard grounding at all and we kinda floated through it.... and the previous owner Mark guided me thorough the procedure on such a grounding.... no harm no foul.... excpet my underwear...

We arrived at Golden Isles Marina in St Simons around 1700 after a long 100 mile day.

Another great meal ar the Coastal Kitchen restuarnt at the marina...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by JD5652; 06-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Pretty boat! Hope the rest of your trip goes well. Thanks for posting the pics.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

If you stop at Wrightsville, try Dockside , Southbeach or. Oceanic restaurants.Good food .Safe travels Edward

Hi JD, Looks like you're having a great time on your "maiden" voyage. Good move to have the previous
    owner with you as well since he can show you lots of things about the boat along the way.

I notice from your posts and pictures that you enjoy good eatin.... good trait to have especially on a
    nice trip like you're doing. I always made it a point on my many trips from NJ to Fla and back with the
    seasons to look for shrimp boats coming back loaded with fresh shrimp. I would approach them and
    negotiate the purchase of a five gallon pail. Usually they were very inexpensive. That evening we would
    separate them by size, keeping the small ones for cooking with various dishes and the large ones to steam
    or boil for shrimp cocktail. Usually the following day around lunch time we would pig out on shrimp
    cocktail while cruising on auto pilot a few miles off shore. You think you died and went to heaven.

Enjoy the trip and keep us posted..

Walt

Great looking boat. I like to see the ones that look close to original and not painted some weird color.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I don't know if you are coming up the Chesapeake Bay or going outside. However, if you ARE coming up the Bay, the standard offer applies- I buy dinner for you and your crew in Annapolis. Marinas big enough for a 59LRC here include the Yacht Basin, which is right in the harbor. There are a few others as well. I'll PM you my contact information. Would love to meet you and see the new boat.

If you are heading up the Chesapeake Bay you should spend one night at The Tides Inn's Marina. 9 miles up The Rappahannock River. Stormy Pearson is Dock master, and the food is 5 Star. New Poolside Oyster Bar Fish Hawk is now open. I hope to go soon. 804-438-5000
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

How is the trip going? Got time for an update?