Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Two 671ti’s 450hp, parts, ZF301A’s

I’m almost ready to start my repower. I have the two detroits, one runs fine and other has a broken ring and small crack in head. They both turn rated rpm but the sick engine smokes a little. Cooling systems recently removed and tanked, new raw water pumps, alternators. Can be seen running prior to removal. Boxes of spare parts including a complete raw water pump, fresh water pumps, fuel pumps, injector, filters, etc. I also have a pair of ZF301A’s with trolling valves 1.5:1. Used in good working order. I believe the transmissions are #2 and the engines are #3 housing. Will confirm that next week. Would like to offload everything but will separate. I’m not real sure what everything is worth, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we’ll talk. Located in Stuart, FL
    1988 Canoe Cove 53 "Lilo Honu"
    1984 Outrage Whaler 22 "Conchyjodyoos"
    Previously owned Hatt 36c

Re: Two 671ti’s 450hp, parts, ZF301A’s

Be careful with used marine engine resellers.

Theres a few in our area (Florida) That are not to be trusted. Do not under any circumstances work with International Marine sales and export, or its Owner David Hasselman before lo looking him up in public search like this in brevard county.

https://vmatrix1.brevardclerk.us/bec...B733171ED4D4FE

He also works with strike marine in ft Lauderdale.

I know were no supposed to post negative opinions of vendors but I figure $400,000.00 in unpaid judgements and 2 felonies at the moment (I see more coming) makes it public service not opinion.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks Scott, Being born and raised here I’m weary of any business that’s South of Jupiter.

I know you are anxious to get the repower going ASAP by try hard to sell them before removal so you can do a sea trial and demonstrate operation. Once they are on pallets they will be assumed to be in need of total overhaul. It makes sense and any of us would assume the same thing buying take outs. But it does reach a certain point and you move forward anyhow.

I got super lucky years ago and sold 454's, gears, shafts, props, and anything/everything else as a package for good $ to a guy who could use all but that is a rare opportunity.

Good luck on re-power. Especially first 5 years or so of ZERO repairs and just maintenance. Nothing makes a boat newer than a re-power.

Thanks, I’ve got about two weeks before a crane lifts out the ole reliable Detroit’s. I seriously considered rebuilding them but a good friend sourced a pair of 6cta 450 rto’s which are now being rebuilt.