Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hatt Party in Miami

Would anyone be interested in a HATT Party in Miami? Idea is to meet up at Marine Stadium or Haulover for the weekend, show off our HATTs, drink some Rum, meet some new people and listen to each others war stories.

No date set. Just throwing it on the cutting table to see what sticks. Let me know.

Hats required. Baseball hats, Cowboy hats, Military hats, Pimp hats or just bring your boat.

IMG_4642.jpg
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Re: Hatt Party in Miami

The last one we had was back in feb 08 if I m not mistaken. We had 4 boats rafted up incl mine, a 58MY, 58YF and 36C. It was during the boat show... there may be pictures here in the albums. We had all three sets of PH doors lined up and were also able to go from boat to boat thru the FBs

I don’t know who would come this days... I know our schedule is always up in the air due to our work on the Lazzara 84 and it s difficult to make plans.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Now I'm thinking some time in July Water should be nice and seas should be pretty calm.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits

I would be interested but July might be tough because we go to the Bahamas. The Hatteras Classic Club National Rendevzous is the first weekend in September. How about Columbus Day Regatta at Elliott Key down Biscayne Bay? Last time I was 10 years ago and it was crazy wild.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

10 years ago the regatta was a LOT different because the law has made it nearly impossible to have any fun. You also can't tie up more than 3 or 4 boats. No music, No rafting, no having fun or you go to jail.

On that note. We are also going to Bahamas toward the weekend of the 20th in July. I'm open for the HATT PARTY dates.

Makes little different to me because I'm out every weekend anyway.

On that note. If anyone is stopping in Miami for a day or whatever, let me know.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits

I remember the 08 raft up that Pascal mentioned. It was a very good time by all. We even had some of
    the Hatteras folks come over in a small boat to join us, including Steve McPhearson and his staff. Randy
    spent the night crapped out on the bow seat on Angie's 58. Also there was Mario with his 58 YF and the
    36 C (mint condition by the way) of another HOFer. Great memories with great folks. Thanks for jogging
    my memory Pascal.

Walt

Actually I was there also with my 58 Yatchfish. I remember Mario's (???) Yatchfish. He bought it from an Executive of one of the cruise lines. He had the cruise line Shipwrights work on the Yatchfish when they were not working on the cruise ships.

Fabulous weekend.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

That’s right, you were there Tom. Walter too, you were staying in Sanctuary when Angela was doing BnB

We ve been to the regatta a few times over the years and while yes they have cracked down on the worst behavior it s still fun. You can raft up a few boats, what they don’t want are group of 20 or 30 boats making it impossible to get to fights or injuries. Music is fine...

Back in 2013 we went to the regatta with the 70 footer we were running back then to shoot this music video... it was pretty crazy

https://youtu.be/i0vFid2tKbI
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Talking Re: Hatt Party in Miami

So were those video shots on the Johnson Pascal? Makes me think of chartering in a different light!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

A real class act. Just very low class.

And we wonder why our younger generation is so screwed up.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.