Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need wiper motors with only 1 wire connection!

Need advice on replacing wiper motors on a 1965 41dc. Current motors have only 1 wire going to them. I am assuming the body grounds itself. The replacement marine motors have a “signal” terminal. I need one without the signal terminal. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Re: Need wiper motors with only 1 wire connection!

Im not sure on the wiring part but I do know on mine the ground wire goes to the case of the motor. Mine are 12volt. The reason I know is 2 out of my 3 were not working when I purchased the boat. I thought I was going the new motor route but found that the screws holding the ground wire to the case were loose. Tightened and they now work fine.

Re: Need wiper motors with only 1 wire connection!

I found the solution and I am posting it here so if anyone else has the same issue they can solve it.
    One 12V wire goes to Port motor. That wire connects to the sole pin on the starboard motor.
    The starboard motor has the original lead wire coming from the control panel knob.
    The negative wire is connected directly to the frame toward the bottom of the windshield frame.

There you go.
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration