Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Parting with an old friend

Nice boat, with a great location to get a head start on the loop.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

She is a beautiful boat, I hope she sells quickly for you.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

It's a pleasant surprise, but there has been quite a bit of interest in Smooth Move. We have an interested party arriving Saturday and a couple waiting in backup. We were planning a little day cruise up to White Lake later in June. Even had some reservations. Cancelled those last night since it looks like we might be down to a jon boat with a 9.9 Yamaha by then. We'll SEE.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by UNIQUE_NAME View Post
    mighty pretty fuel tanks ... sorry to see you parting with her Eric. best of luck in your future floating adventures...
    Jim, thanks for all the help and tips along the way. You've always given solid advice.
    Eric

She is a beautiful boat and your price is right. I wish you good luck selling her. Like someone else said someone is going to get a darn good boat at a great price.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

To wrap this up. . . She's sold and receiving a lot of love from her new owner. I was starting to wonder if this was gonna happen - even put down a deposit on Winter storage. Then the right person came along. The funny part is that for the first time, the sea trial DID NOT go well. Things that have ALWAYS worked flawlessly were acting up. The surveyor was really cutting me slack in front of the buyer. When the port tach stopped working, he said, "Oh they ALL do that". When the engine started to stumble, he says "it just needs to be run a little harder". I appreciated it, but was pretty shocked that he was so forgiving. Anyway, the sale went through and the new owner is really committed to bringing her up to snuff. He's fixing all the flaws that I had come to think of as aspects that gave her "character".

Thanks for the comments above. I'll still check in from time to time. It has been an honor and a privelage to be associated with the other owners here.

Eric Jensen

Congratulations on your sale. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California