Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parting with an old friend

After 14 years, I am listing my 1968 38 Hatt Double Cabin. I'm drinking a seabreeze and sitting on our porch here in Spring Lake looking at "Smooth Move" tied up at the dock and I can hardly believe that it may be going on to the next owner soon. Circumstances have conspired to make necessary to give her up.
    I'm not sure if it's kosher but here's the listing.
    https://www.skipperbuds.com/inv/1968...-Haven-B17652/

I remember what a total newbie I was when we purchased her in 2005. It has been quite an education. I have met so many fantastic people over the years and learned so many valuable lessons about life, liberty and early fiberglass construction techniques.

When purchasing the boat in 2005, I was (needlessly) concerned about the life of a vintage hull. Now 14 years later, I KNOW the damn thing is going to outlive me and I believe the hull may be ETERNAL. :-)

Just some thoughts - I should know better than to post with a buzz. :-)

Eric
    Last edited by smoothmove; 05-26-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Re: Parting with an old friend

The description in the listing says 1968 Chris Craft Tri Cabin. Looks nice though. I didn't realize that a 38 was available with three cabins.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Nice boat!!! HOw do I contact you, I have a couple of questions for you? Jim Rosenthal

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    The description in the listing says 1968 Chris Craft Tri Cabin. Looks nice though. I didn't realize that a 38 was available with three cabins.
    It's goofy. The model is a "Double Cabin" yet there's three state rooms. There were 2 flavors available on this model. You could either have a galley down or a 3rd stateroom with a galley up. The three stateroom model was not as popular. The later version of the 38 was only available with the galley down and 2 state rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Nice boat!!! HOw do I contact you, I have a couple of questions for you? Jim Rosenthal
    pm me. We can take it from there.
    Eric

Best of luck with the sale.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

PM sent to you Eric, and thanks
    Jim R

Very nice looking boat.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC

mighty pretty fuel tanks ... sorry to see you parting with her Eric. best of luck in your future floating adventures...
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Someone is going to get a heck of a nice boat for a very decent price.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay