Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In the wall?

In the wall?

Getting ready to hang a flat tv mount in the aft starboard corner of the saloon. Is there some kind of framing in the wall? What’s the thickness if the plywood paneling? Do you think it’s stout enough to hang a tv on? Thanks?Bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Re: In the wall?

Bob, I have a flat screen mounted on the wall behind the head. I believe the wall is about 3/4 inch. The swivel mounting bracket had a 1”x 6” brace that the bolts go through and it acts like a large washer.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

How big/heavy you going?
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

I just installed a 24” long wall-mount in the master and I think the mount and arm weighed more than the TV!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

On my 31C I went with a 24 tilt swivel on the ceiling, flip it up and out of the way when not in use.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Getting ready to hang a flat tv mount in the aft starboard corner of the saloon. Is there some kind of framing in the wall? What’s the thickness if the plywood paneling? Do you think it’s stout enough to hang a tv on? Thanks?Bob
    i mounted mine in the same corner. i mounted it to the side not the back wall. my boat has a 2x4 in the middle of that triangle area, just look where the paneling is seamed, if you dont have a seam use a stud finder.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    i mounted mine in the same corner. i mounted it to the side not the back wall. my boat has a 2x4 in the middle of that triangle area, just look where the paneling is seamed, if you dont have a seam use a stud finder.
    Thanks! I assumed there was some kind of framing back there. Mine will be mounted on the side wall as well. I’ll find the stud and mount a tv.Bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az