Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Does anyone have an opinion on a good quality Center console/Walkaround?

Hi everyone,
    its been a while since i posted as I sadly sold My 71 38C . Luckily i put her with a good new owner and the appreciation of the old girl continues.

Now im looking for a smaller boat that i can trailer and pop in here and there. As you all know when you own a hatteras you are used to good quality and i would like the same in a smaller boat but hopefully not at a Grandy White price tag.

She will be doing all rough water duty here in Atlantic Canada, so a deep V will be better for speed and ride. also looking for something with a bit of weight and if possible solid fiberglass construction. Fiberglass tanks(like Hatteras) if possible and outboard motor type. Would consider an stern drive if the boat had a diesel but no gas inboard. Looking for nice lines like Hatteras with high bow and anywhere from 19-25'.

I have been looking at a lot of different brands but don't know much about the boats only of course to know that the "Grady White" being a better quality. What others would any of you recommend? Not afraid of older models as well as they built them better then anyway.

I trust you guys because you look at these boats with Hatteras eyes so we share that appreciation for quality.

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks again!
    Marshall

Re: Does anyone have an opinion on a good quality Center console/Walkaround?

Albury makes a fine boat. Pricey tho.

Not sure about the ride Regulator has but they were built like tanks when we reviewed them. Again pricey.

The Bahamian rentals all have E-Tecs on them. Maybe that is because all of the Yammie 4 strokes are getting ripped off LOL.
    Last edited by Dan Mapes; 05-23-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Regards
    Dan

X 2 on the Albury. I fell in the boat as a rental in the Abacos. Best riding 23' boat built. Expensive but holds it's value. Mine has a 300 Suzuki.

Unfortunately good quality build, and a soft ride come with a higher price..
    I was in the marine business for a lot of years and have ridden on just about everything worth the time. For my money I would buy a 26 or larger regulator without looking back. Nothing else will ride as well or be as solid. Big money but the resale is great.

Owned 58 Hatteras and 46 Bertram..when I was in the market back in 2000 for a center console the only boat that had Yacht quality build was the Regulator. Heavy so slower when compared to other boats at similar length. We went with the 32 had no issues running 50 miles offshore in the gulf. Super dry and soft ride. Sold the boat 3 years ago since I had young kids and the Snapper fishing limit and season changes made it impossible for me to use the boat enough.

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone have an opinion on a good quality Center console/Walkaround?

Ditto on the Regulator. FYI they are built in Edenton NC. Great boats!

Thanks guys, i will check out these boats . I have heard of the Regulator but not the Albury. Neither one i would have even looked into although i did see a review on a Regulators.

If anyone has any others to offer please let me know!

thanks,
    Marshall

Anyone have an opinions on Topaz ,Pursuit,Sea Fox,Albemarle?

I have a customer selling a 28 seafox. Older boat but not too bad except for the verado power. They run ok but I just cant get on the verado team
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I have a customer selling a 28 seafox. Older boat but not too bad except for the verado power. They run ok but I just cant get on the verado team
    That brings up another good point! what kind of outboard engines are good and which should i avoid . Also working hours ....what should i be looking for in hrs on these gas engines?