Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Not say'n say it's hot....but

If you're planning to use the AICW to traverse Charleston and your air draft is 31+', you may have a problem. The Ben Sawyer Swing Bridge, ICW R122 to G121, is closed to maritime traffic due to heat expansion. Of all times, it wouldn't lock-up for vehicular traffic on Memorial Day until after 9 PM. Can only imagine that traffic nightmare. Fire department tankers have been spraying the bridge to try and cool it down. But it is closed to boat traffic until tonight at the earliest. Hopefully, SCDOT can slick it up some tonight.

The draw on the south end of Charleston, Wappoo Creek Bridge, has a tendency to fail in the heat as well. Expecting 100,000 for LPGA US Women's Open this week that'll most all need that route open.

It's hot!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Not say'n say it's hot....but

Wow!...that's HOT!

Thanks for the heads up... will be traveling up the AICW next week from Daytona ... will keep this in mind.... where would I check the daily status of issues like this??
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Wow!...that's HOT!Thanks for the heads up... will be traveling up the AICW next week from Daytona ... will keep this in mind.... where would I check the daily status of issues like this??
    CG marine safety broadcasts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Hey Robert,
    I heard it was a nightmare of traffic! Pam went to Awendaw for a couple days to get out of the chaos the islands attract during these weekends. Glad I was not home. Currently bringing my ship back fom Dutch Harbor, Alaska to Fourchon, Louisiana via Panama Canal. Won't get home until end of June. Pam says AC's are still kicking stong on No Regrets (just replaced AC pump&motor last time home). On another good note, got a 13kw Kholer paired to a Yanmar genny installed and hooked up as well last month. I had a couple friends help me stick it the hole and another hook up the wiring after I mounted it, replaced new exhaust hose, silencer/mufler, battery.... Now I plan on painting her myself from waterline up this summer before attacking engine room!
    PS- been off of forum for awhile but going to post pics along the way during paint project!

Take care and have a cool beverage for me.

V/r,
    James
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.