Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

How Does One Remove Datamarine 330 Remote from Panel?

Our boat has 2 Datamarine 3030 Remote displays (one on the flybridge and one in the master stateroom).

The digital display inside the instrument in the master still works, but it has come loose within the unit and is sitting there at an angle. (See photo)

I would like to remove the unit and attempt to reattach the display board, but I can't figure out how to get the unit out of the panel.

My guess is that the trim ring on the outside of the display would pop off and there would be some mounting screws underneath the would hold the unit in the panel. I hesitate to just try prying the ring off until I know that is the way to remove it, as I don't want to risk defacing the wood if I am incorrect.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I tried to find a manual online but didn't have any luck.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Attached Images
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA

Re: How Does One Remove Datamarine 330 Remote from Panel?

You are correct Nick, if you could carefully pull the entire unit out you will find little screws/ brackets behind it that attach it to the gauge/ face plate itself. I sent mine in to be rebuilt.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: How Does One Remove Datamarine 330 Remote from Panel?

It turned out that although the 3030 remote unit on the flybridge did have some screws holding it in place, I eventually was able get a photo from the rear of the unit in the master stateroom showing no mounting hardware at all.

So assuming that the unit was just a friction-fit in its hole, I pretended that I was Elastic-Man and was able to grab the back of the unit expecting that I would have to struggle to push the unit out or perhaps just get it to rotate a little in the hole.

I was surprised to find that I was able to rather easily twist the unit back into alignment with the front window of the display without having to remove anything!

Job done.

Nick
    Attached Images
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA