Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Enough is enough--need Detroit mechanic

I am in desperate need of a reliable Detroit mechanic to complete a 12v71 TA cylinder job in a 55' Hatteras. PLENTY of head and working room. I have been as patient as I can be for the last year trying to get my vessel repaired. The first mechanic fell ill and was unable to complete, understood. Second mechanic took over 5.5 months ago and it is STILL not back together. Cylinder needs honed, sleeve installed with piston/rod and remainder of top end buttoned up. The head is fresh from the shop, all parts are new and have been sitting on the vessel for two months waiting on this joker who keeps blowing me off for "old customers". Money is not the issue here, competent/ reliable mechanic is what is needed. I am ready and willing to fly someone in to complete the job/ I turn wrenches myself, just need a knowledgeable lead. Vessel is in Morehead City, NC. Thanks for reading and any assistance you might render

Re: Enough is enough--need Detroit mechanic

Where are you located? Your profile doesn’t show.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

John Crawford dieseldoc800@gmail.com Used to be with Covington. I hesitate to refer him because I don't want him to be too busy to do my work!
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Call Bruce Morrison and have him supervise what ever you need. I call Bruce "Mr. Hatteras" and I'm sure other here who know him will speak as highly of him as I do. He is in Beaufort and his company is Morrison Marine Services.

Thanks to everyone that responded, I am reaching out to each of them