Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marinas in Stuart

We are thinking about heading to Stuart for a couple days. Any suggestions on marinas?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Re: Marinas in Stuart

We always use Pirates Cove when in Stuart. It’s been a good marina.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

I like Manatee Pocket. Pirates Cove is nice. We always end up staying at Sailfish. You have a beautiful view out the pocket. If neither of those has a slip Mariner’s Cay will do. In between the two.

If only for a couple days. the pocket is nice. Suunset Bay is about 2 miles further up the river and you can walk a couple blocks into downtown Stuart. I would not recommend Loggerhead anymore- only the floating docks are open and it is not close to anything you can walk to.
    We lived at the Marriott Hutchinson Island for 2 years. The dock master is a *censored* Censored censored but you do have access tot all the amenitites. Not really walking distance to anything and the restaurants are only so-so and pricey. Docks are older and maintenance has slipped quite a bit but the view is the best in the area. You can get a shuttle at the lobby and go to the beach: chair, umbrellas, towells are included with dockage. There are several pools and 2 have restaurants. Tennis and golf on site. The staff (except the dockmaster) are wonderful..

If you go a little further north is Nettles landing. I cannot vouch for what is there. Another 10 to Ft Pierce where there are several nice places. You didn't ask so I won't elaborate.
    Last edited by PeterK; 05-21-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks for the replies. I booked Sunset Bay this time for the nearness to downtown, although it was pricier than the others. I will keep Manatee pocket in mind for future trips. We'll be down there this weekend. That Marriott marina looks neat.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I have been to Nettles. Not a great stop. But the onsite restaurant was good. I have stayed at the Marriott once. If I remember right it is a little shallow going in. I draw 5’. Also I think it gets lively from certain wind directions. There is also 4 fish Marina that puts you close to Jensen Beach which has a small but nice downtown area not to far a walk away.

[QUOTE=motoryacht lover;350134]I have been to Nettles. Not a great stop. But the onsite restaurant was good. I have stayed at the Marriott once. If I remember right it is a little shallow going in. I draw 5’. Also I think it gets lively from certain wind directions. There is also 4 fish Marina that puts you close to Jensen Beach which has a small but nice downtown area not to far a walk away. [QUOTE]

I forgot about 4 Fish. It is very protected, right on the ICW and there are some good restaurants in Jensen.

The Marriott can get bouncy with a S or SW wind- 3 mile fetch- that's why we loved the view. We lived on the south side of the south docks and were never too uncomfortable. The north side of that dock as well as the north docks are protected quite a bit by an attentuator running under the dock. Large vessels going by in the ICW are a much bigger issue than wind driven waves ever were. We liked the Marriott over the pocket as we never experienced the horrible blue/green algae anywhere near what happened closer to the river.

We made it. That inlet is something else. Boats going every which way. Missed our turn at first. Getting through the small railroad bridge and car drawbridge wasn't too much fun with all of the traffic. Also, I noticed that depth really affects speed. Even 9 ft. 12 was faster than 9, and 15 faster yet. Pretty shallow in many spots down here. I'll post pictures later. A lot of Hatterases here at Sunset Bay. One right next to me, another just down the dock. Older ones.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Sunset at Sunset Bay Marina, Stuart, Fl.

IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5325.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL