I have an Onan MDJF 15Kw genset and was wanting to see if anyone knew what the normal operating oil pressure should be? At 1800 rpms with no load it is showing just under 40 psi on the gauge. According to my manual it says it should be greater than 25 psi but doesn't say what the top range should be, only that if it drops below 13 psi it'll shut-down.

I have been having problems with it shutting down on the past couple of trips and I'm not sure if it is over temping or if it is an oil pressure issue. The indicator light on the flybridge console has stopped working ( yeah i know....it's on the list) and by the time someone comes up and says "oh by the way, you know the A/Cs off" the genset has now been down for 30 minutes or more. By the time I go below to check on it the temp is showing within normal range. I've replaced the oil pressure and temp switches, cleaned the heat exchanger, and, since our last trip out, installed a new thermostat (apparently the PO had removed the thermostat).

Sitting in the marina running with no load it shows 40 psi and around 160 degrees on the guages.