Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Broken shower head wall mount

Hi all. The hand held shower head pivots on a pin mounted to the shower wall. The pin is fine, but the part that pivots over it broke. It’s a chrome part but surprisingly it’s plastic. It only lasted 42 years.

Home Depot only has the home style hand held heads that take water from a shower arm. I could plumb a solid line up to a shower arm with a regular shower head, but galvanized or copper would look awful. Does anyone sell chrome pipe?

Any other ideas? Luckily we have three showers.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Broken shower head wall mount

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Hi all. The hand held shower head pivots on a pin mounted to the shower wall. The pin is fine, but the part that pivots over it broke. It’s a chrome part but surprisingly it’s plastic. It only lasted 42 years. Home Depot only has the home style hand held heads that take water from a shower arm. I could plumb a solid line up to a shower arm with a regular shower head, but galvanized or copper would look awful. Does anyone sell chrome pipe? Any other ideas? Luckily we have three showers.
    I bought a new metal or fake metal flex hose with the pivot from somewhere last year. Seemed like Lowe’s. Anyway, same problem as you. Screwed old head on new flex line. I’ll try and remember and post.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I bought a new metal or fake metal flex hose with the pivot from somewhere last year. Seemed like Lowe’s. Anyway, same problem as you. Screwed old head on new flex line. I’ll try and remember and post.
    Found it. Amazon, if you’re interested in going back with same thing. Will also support a new head.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Found it. Amazon, if you’re interested in going back with same thing. Will also support a new head.
    That’s perfect! Thanks! Can you post the part number it’s kind of blurry.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Never mind I found it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    That’s perfect! Thanks! Can you post the part number it’s kind of blurry.
    Glad to help. That was the easy part for me. My hose was shot, so I needed to replace it. There was no way to get a hand in there. Had to cut out bigger access. Luckily, the valve escutcheon plate covered. Very little comes easy on old boats.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

So true. It’s strange the flexible hose goes through a hole in the wall to the valve. It looks very unfinished for Hatteras. This is the Captains Quarters head so maybe they weren’t too picky. I’m headed to Home Depot to get a street elbow and nipple to do it right. Then it’ll be time for contortions to get it assembled in the vanity next to the sink. Any bets on the skin of my nuckles?

look on the back side of where the hose is, there is probably an access panel. if this is the v berth, on my 58 yf there is a section of paneling that houses the pipe and valve. just remove the trim and screws and you will have access to all of the plumbing valve and hose. mine was a piece about 3 feet tall by 6 inches by 4 inches with a small piece of counter top formica on top of it
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.