Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted 53c

Wanted 53c

I've been trolling the common listing sites (YW, BT, CL) for a few years.... and we have even been under contract on a few boats, but all have fallen through for one reason or another. We are pretty set on what we want know and just looking to see if anyone out there has it.... A 53c that is not necessarily all original (i.e., not looking for a major project boat), but also is not trying to compete with the prices of brand new boats. A full refit that is 10ish years old would ideal for us. Non negotiable for me is poor mechanicals. Anyone out there with that?

Re: Wanted 53c

Where are you located and how far will you go to pick one up? With all the members here you can probably get an honest set of eyes on one before traveling yourself to make sure one found is as represented. Very likely someone here knows of something nice available.

We're open to the east coast.... I've been trolling listings from Florida to Maine. (We're located closer to Annapolis, but willing to have an adventure bringing one back....)P.S. this forum is awesome and has helped me research a ton over the last few years

Hello, have a look at rick obey and associates listings. They have two 53s listed. The 1979, I looked at two years ago and looked really good, I just wasn't interested in a 53. This one is the owners boat. Good luck with your search.

Walt Hoover

Thanks for the Rick Obey recommendation. That 1979 IS very nice....