Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Stowage For Three Rung Boarding Ladder - 53MY

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Only problem with that is potentially getting more salt spray in the engine room. I don't think I'd be cutting out any of the vent.
    Fortunately I’m in fresh water. But good point.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by dar636 View Post
    Can someone post a picture of the ladder? I don't have one and I'd like to get one built.
    They are called Marquipt boarding ladders. There are a few on eBay for sale right now. Cheaper to buy a good used one than trying to have one built I would think.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

That's not the type of boarding ladder I was referring to. The unit we have that came as standard is a three rung ladder that hard mounts to the side of the boat using two pins that slide through left and right sides of the ladder into brackets mounted on the side of the hull, port and starboard.

I believe what you have in the pic are boarding stairs. Not a ladder.

We have two sets of boarding stairs. One unit we leave at the dock and a second mounted on pins on the port bow rail for travel purposes. Often times we can't use either hence the need for a boarding ladder occasionally which is hard mounted to the boat and takes up no space on the dock.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

Mounts to the side of the hull and kinda looks like this.....
    Attached Images
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

Quote Originally Posted by miboatnutz View Post
    That's not the type of boarding ladder I was referring to. The unit we have that came as standard is a three rung ladder that hard mounts to the side of the boat using two pins that slide through left and right sides of the ladder into brackets mounted on the side of the hull, port and starboard.

I believe what you have in the pic are boarding stairs. Not a ladder.

We have two sets of boarding stairs. One unit we leave at the dock and a second mounted on pins on the port bow rail for travel purposes. Often times we can't use either hence the need for a boarding ladder occasionally which is hard mounted to the boat and takes up no space on the dock.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This is a Marquipt Sea Ladder. I like it overall, but I am actually building a folding version that will rest on the dock like stairs, and that I can fold up when I am not there. I built stairs (second picture) but they made me remove them because they didn't want anything blocking the dock.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Thanks, this is what I was thinking about. I don't want to deal with the Marquipt style only due to the weight and handling.

Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"