Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Stainless rod racks

I was quoted $4500 to make some cockpit rod racks by a local fabricator. Being thoroughly insulted and plenty capable of fabricating them myself I did just that. In fact, I enjoyed it enough that I built an extra rack of 5 holders, raked back about 25 degrees. I’m selling this rack for $500. It’s brand new, all 316 stainless, and roughly 28” wide. Additionally I can also make others to order per your specs. Tell me the length, angle of rake, and number of holders you’d like and I will build them for $110 per rod holder complete.Pics attached of the 5 rod rack as well as my 3 and 4 rod racks installed on my 60 enclosed bridge. Note that mine slope back more than desired because I need clearance for a cockpit canopy.Call or text Jake at 3109238570. Thanks for looking.

Re: Stainless rod racks

Pics of installed items

Nice Work!! I may get with you after our mezzanine project, want to add a set up on the bridge
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Very pretty work. Fished I wished.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thank you guys. I’m pretty meticulous and I think stainless is like art on a boat. I’mHaving fun with this and have taken some orders already and I know the finished product will meet expectations. Hopefully I can do some work for our members. I will be fairCan’t wait to see pics of that finished mezzanine too. That’s a great and worthwhile project. Deck storage is invaluable.

Dropping the price to 400 plus shipping. More pics attached and I’ve got a 13 rod hardtop mount just about completed too.

Nearly done.
    Attached Images

How about a good pic of the welds.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    How about a good pic of the welds.
    Sure. No problem! You interested in buying them for your 53?

I do have a few rods aboard but no rod holders are needed. I figured you might make other things as well and wanted to see some nice coins.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.