Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Replacing hot water heater 1988 38c

I replaced my water heater which was outboard of the port motor. It's a 41C Galley up and I took on the task
    when the motor was being rebuilt. The head was off and the old unit came out right over the top. I
    installed the new heater, prior to it's removal, under the sink. It's a piece of cake to service and
    winterize. Their is still room for storage under the sink and the heater ( 6 gallon ) slides under the
    sink trap.
    1987 41' CD832
    Giddy Up
    Niantic, CT

Interesting thought as we have almost the same boat, my 38 is galleybup as well. Really wanted to try and keep an 11 gallon in there so I could use the shower without rush

I don't know the layout but on my 50c, the hot water tank is under the steps from the salon down to the cabins. Do you guys have room under the steps? I changed my heater two years ago and besides destroying my back, it was easy for my friend to pull out. Make sure it's fully drained, mine still had 10 gallons and the reason for my back LOL

Looking to replace what appears to be an original water heater in my 79’ 37C. With the galley up there is little to no access along the port side of motor without removing cabinets or taking apart the block. Found a Bosch 4 gallon tankless system 120 Volts ‎1440 watts unit that I have seen installed in remote bathrooms commercially. Has anyone explored successfully installing a tankless water heater in there boat. Open to other recommendations as well.