Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1967 31c

1967 31c

Read through quite a few posts on the window removal, fuzzies and all. One side got both windows and screen to move freely, even before removing plastic channel. As for moving glass to center to remove, still need at least another 1/4 inch. The other side is another story, still trying to free things up a bit. That side I can see that the frame did settle a bit, and bent the screen frame a bit. At this stage I'll probably fully remove the whole frame, biggest question is is a 1/4 inch too much to try to spread installed. Also screen would need almost a 1/2 inch.

Thanks, John
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dazed338; 05-13-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Re: 1967 31c

I've lucked out several times using a small bottle jack with a block of wood to get the extra 1/4". I
    don't think I would chance damaging something by jacking 1/2".

Walt

Re: 1967 31c

Screens are the least of the problems, worst case bend and make new frames Appears the side I can get to move around was probably done at some point. The over lap at the center is 1/2 less then the real tight side.20190513_181239[1].jpg20190513_181255[1].jpg