Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Bow thruster 1979 58 y/f

I have a Sidepower 200 on my 63MY. I would not want anything less powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsmyth View Post
    Hello, what mdl wesmar do you have and what vessel? thank you!
    Don’t know the model offhand. paperwork is on the boat. It is 24 volt and the boat is a 54 Viking Sport Yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    I've got Wesmar bow thrusters. They are pretty simple. I've changed out the soleoids once and the battery bank once in 3 years. They are 30 years old and still very reliable.
    I am hoping you can help me. I have a 24v Wesmar thruster that has been working fine until one day recently, all that happens when I move the joystick is the parallel solenoid in the engine room engages. Nothing else. I was able to jump the joystick switch and both directions will work fine. I replaced the joystick and the contact switches and still the same solenoid click and nothing else. Very frustrating.

Vetus on my 1976 58 LRC.

Don't have the EXACT model number but I believe it's a 26 kW model.

I power mine with two 12 V AGM for 24V on it's own battery charger.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Hello - I have a Max Power CT225 24v that came with the boat. I was able to aquire spare parts easily when needed, and have no complaints about the operation on my YF. https://www.max-power.com YachtAid Marine is a distributor
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

I have a SidePower 285 TCi on my 1979 YF

Have not had a problem with it and it works great. Previous owner had it installed along with the same stern thruster however this is the strongest thruster on the market that the boat can handle. Insane amount of power to help you in any conditions.
    Owner - 1979 Hatteras 58 YachtFisher Enclosed Flybridge