Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just in case you want a yacht and a Rolls Royce for $129,000/Christ Craft Connie

Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: Just in case you want a yacht and a Rolls Royce for $129,000/Christ Craft Connie

Talk about high maintenance.... A 51 year old wood boat. I wonder what the Rolls is worth.

Walt

Re: Just in case you want a yacht and a Rolls Royce for $129,000/Christ Craft Connie

The boat used to be really nice, it’s been sitting outside for more than three years. The rolls is worth 16,000 bluebook
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Ha, I find it funny because in the late 70's and early 80's we used to dock next to a guy with a 57 Connie and he drove a Rolls of about that vintage. Some things never change.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    The boat used to be really nice, it’s been sitting outside for more than three years. The rolls is worth 16,000 bluebook
    So, subtract 16K from the price and all he needs to give me (or another buyer) is the car plus that
    amount and we should be square. Although if it actually runs, perhaps a run well offshore 30 or 40
    miles with another boat to get back after creating an artificial reef might work. lol

Walt

Hah... Shadow. I've been in RR "recovery" for quite some time since I sold my PMC (Proper Motor Car), and it was an early post war, so the "Modern Cars" as we called them were not my specialty.

That said, a friend was the club guru on them (40 years as a service manager with RR/B) so I was exposed to them quite a bit, and have had the pleasure of driving a variety of them.

16K is what it's worth if it's in a decent state of maintenance. Not unlike a Hatt, maintenance is key. Let it slip and things start deteriorating to the point where you start replacing things that shouldn't need replacing. And I am sure that it will come as no surprise that RR parts are not cheap.

Take the hydraulics. 2 reservoirs, 2 pumps in the "V" of the V-8 (1800 psi IIRC), accumulators. Two huge calipers on each wheel, one from each system. (At least on the front, not sure about the back. Could be one hydraulic and one parking/emergency) (It's a heavy tub and it can go fast, it needs serious brakes) Ride height variable suspension. Needle valves everywhere. Sensors everywhere. If the architecture reminds you of an airplane you're not far off. Lets put it this way... if the system needs overhaul and you have someone do it who actually knows what they're doing it's going to cost more than the 16K you paid for the motor car.

But man, when it's all working properly it is one nice ride.

Sound familiar?

So, this add is for not one but TWO insane hobbies. RUN.... RUN AWAY.

Picture is my former 1952 Silver Wraith, Freestone and Webb body.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by oscarvan; 06-04-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Best recipe for financial suicide I've ever seen. Throw in a racehorse and an airplane and you'd really have it made.

Want to be a millionaire? Start with a billion dollars, and buy the above four items. You'll be a millionaire in no time. And after that, you'll be destitute.

The blurry cell phone pics in the listing tell it all. If the boat doens't justify getting a real photographer on board.......
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

I agree completely. A wooden boat, and the highest-upkeep Rolls ever made. What a deal...

"Hey honey, some idiot bought our boat, AND I made him take that Rolls you hate so much, because it doesn't run...we're going out to dinner to celebrate.."

For 100K you can buy lots of resurrection projects made of glass, and many of them are not worth it. In wood it is a continued project, for ever.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY