Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 53 Hatteras makes an ocean rescue.

Well done gentlemen.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

This is awesome, Thank God. He is amazing for sure.to hear the voices over the engine, wind and all. This was just talked about on Fox News.

Great rescue and congrats to you and your crew. Job very well done, Captain!

Best news I've read in a long time.

Amen

Just saw the story on Good Morning America, well done, had good shots of you and your boat, hope you saw it. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

You made national news this morning. They interviewed the teens and they thanked you during the interview.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Incredible !! Go play the lottery. I'm catholic but not very religious and that story just gives you faith that someone is there watching. Where in NJ are you heading to?
    MadHatter, I'm in Brick NJ. Made it here on Friday 26th. I live here full time. She will be returning to Delray Beach in a year when they finish rebuilding the marina. That's sort of my winter home.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I didn't do anything different than you all would've done. All credit goes to those kids for leaning on God when they had too. He made this happen. I've had a chance to tell a great story about faith sparking a lot of positive conversations with family and friends. For that I am grateful.
    Last edited by Eric; 05-04-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Sharry and I went through a 2 year period where we pulled someone out of the drink at every marina we stayed at- a total of five people at five different locations. We called ourselves the MOB Squad after the old TV show Mod Squad. Eric, we gratefully cede that nickname to you and your crew! We were just non-drinkers in big boozing areas. You guys are the real deal LIFESAVERS!!!

Funny you should say that. I have had a couple over the years, but nothing as dramatic as the account that opened this thread.

I did tow a guy and his rented jet-ski in from Eastern Bay to Kent Island- he had somehow drowned it and although it was still floating, it wouldn't run. Worse, he was drunk. Ten minutes after getting a line on the hetski and getting him on board, I wanted to throw him back, but you can't do that, so I towqed it in- four knots the whole way, took way too long. LOL