Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need 32v step down to 12v converter for new Raritan Atlantis toilet

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a good 32-12v converter that is sufficient for a new 12v Raritan Atlantis toilet? My 32v atlantis died. There is no more 32v motors for this model.

Thanks.

Mario
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Re: Need 32v step down to 12v converter for new Raritan Atlantis toilet

Amps?

Also why not 32 to 24?

More efficient and easier to convert.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What amps do you need? I just ordered a couple of these:

JahyShow Waterproof DC 36V (30V-50V) to DC 12V 10A 120W Car Power Supply Module Voltage Converter Regulator Electronic Transformer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8314J2..._u9GXCbC26TWQ6
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

I see from the Raritan specs that you need 30a, will this one work:

30A 360W 12v Golf Cart 48V 36V to 12V Converter Voltage Regulator Golf Cart Voltage Converter Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J274LZD..._OPHXCb1332Z73
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

I hear many run a 24v toilet directly on 32 volts without issue.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

can you have the 32v motor rebuilt at a motor shop?
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

I have been running my Atlantis on a Newmar 32 to 12 25 amp converter for over a year with no problems. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I have been running my Atlantis on a Newmar 32 to 12 25 amp converter for over a year with no problems. John
    I can verify Scarlett’s results with the Newmar converter from our results on Chartmaker. If you are running more than two heads though, get the 50 Amp model (32-12-50].I also have a 24 Volt battery bank to run our windlass, that I have used to run the heads as well when I was re-wiring the Newmar.I replaced the Galley Maid Heads in the Owners cabin and the VIP with the Raritan Atlantis 24 Volt model. Do NOT run them from the 32 Volts buss as it often may run as high as 36-38 volts while underway and the house batteries are charging from the Alternators.Chuck B.

Over the last two years we replaced all three heads with Dometic. Contractor we hired did a HORRIBLE job with lots of headaches and a long, sad story as a result.

I wound up re-installing all three myself. For electrical I reused the existing wiring from each of the original 32VDC breakers to each toilet. Then proximal to each toilet I used a Newmar 30 amp 32VDC to 12VDC converter for two out of the three toilets and for the third I used the converter listed on Amazon.

As a matter of convenience, I also added another 30 amp breaker near each toilet to serve as an on/off switch in case I need to shut one of them off in a hurry.

FWIW, I'v had really good luck with the sealed converters purchased off of Amazon. Also use them as isolation units to prevent electrical spikes from damaging electronics on our Chris Craft. I've run a constant 20 amps through them and they don't even get warm.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

I heard that Raz Marine is now taking over for Raritan in Florida as a service center, they may be able to come up with a solution for you. They have been nothing but help for us with any issue that has occured.