Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marquip steps

Marquip steps

I recently purchased a used 6 step articulating ladder for my transom. I realized after installing them that they are too short. I was wondering if anyone has any extra step plates maybe from a damaged stair set or know where i might go. Marquip wants $260.00 each for new.. My fabricator can make all the rest of the parts but the step plates are somewhat unique.

Thanks as always
    Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Re: Marquip steps

Art,

I had a similar situation and I just waited until I found a longer stair set. I installed the new longer
    step set and it made a world of difference. It may be cheaper and easier to try to find a longer stair
    set on ebay or craigs list or on this forum. Sailorman in Ft Lauderdale probably has some but I never
    found them to be a bargain, but if you're desperate you can either bite the bullet and pay them a little
    more or be patient until the right one comes along. Of course you can always buy new but hold onto
    your wallet when you find out the price.

Good Luck...

Walt