Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hull

Hull

So been busy this winter and finally getting to the end of part of this winters projects here a taste of the Big project.

This was just yesterday will see how she flowed out over night takes a few days to stretch out and shine
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Re: Hull

Looks beautiful
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Very pretty!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    So been busy this winter and finally getting to the end of part of this winters projects here a taste of the Big project.

This was just yesterday will see how she flowed out over night takes a few days to stretch out and shine
    That Krylon is so shiny.

Seriously what paint did you use?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What kind of paint? Looks amazing!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    What kind of paint? Looks amazing!

Awlgrip

Thanks all

Finished transom door & swim platform tonight boot stripe tomorrow.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Hello,

The paint looks great. Are you rolling and tipping or spraying? If you're rolling how much reducer are you using, I'm painting my cockpit cabinets indoors at 70 degrees and getting some orange peel. This is the first time this has happened so I'm trying to find what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover

Check your reduction with a viscosity cup . I think a Zahn. #3 . Check air pressure at the gun handle also check the surface temperature of your cabinet. And of course check the instruction. Gun pressure at the gun handle is very important. Are you using a gravity,siphon or pressure gun setup, correct needle ,nozzle ?When you get the finish you want,write everything down ,temp,humidity,gun pressure etc.. Regards, Edward

I'm rolling and tipping, so no gun settings to worry about. I think its reduction also. Thanks for the tip on viscosity, I'll get cups to check. I'm going to raise the temperature and wet sand everything to get everything as flat as possible. Is looking like two more coats will be needed anyway. Taking notes is critical and I have been using a scale to get the mixing correct as I'm only making 3oz of paint at a time.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover

You might consider warming the material if necessary. Put the separate products in some warm/hot water, then activate and reduce,might help the flow. Edward