Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Aslan Hard Aground

There is a special tool (set) that will remove the c-bearings without pulling the shafts. Some years
    ago I watched a yard using it on a friends boat and I took a bunch of pictures and dimensions of all
    the parts and made up my own set. It helped that I had a complete machine shop. I tried to buy it
    first but the price was too much for an occasional use and I had the time so I made my own. I still
    have it somewhere in my storage container if anyone wants to borrow it...or buy it cheap.

Walt

Pm sent to Waltp
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Walt what size shaft was your tool made for?

When I made it, I also made two sets of bushings. One set of bushings was for my 48 MY which had
    2" shafts, the other set of bushings were for my friends 43 DC which had 1 3/4" shafts. I plan to go
    to my container tomorrow and I'll check to see if all the parts are together otherwise I will need to
    search for all the bushings. No big deal either way as there are only two places they may be hiding.

Walt

p.s. Scott, I got your PM and will call sometime tomorrow....

I think I've seen that boat up on the bow!!
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Quote Originally Posted by Mambeaux View Post
    I think I've seen that boat up on the bow!!
    Yes sir, you have. A very fine tender, indeed. And, one of my friend's wife just went to work for Novurania in Florida. That can't be a bad thing down the road. Hope you're well, Jack.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    When I made it, I also made two sets of bushings. One set of bushings was for my 48 MY which had
    2" shafts, the other set of bushings were for my friends 43 DC which had 1 3/4" shafts. I plan to go
    to my container tomorrow and I'll check to see if all the parts are together otherwise I will need to
    search for all the bushings. No big deal either way as there are only two places they may be hiding.

Walt

p.s. Scott, I got your PM and will call sometime tomorrow....
    Thanks mine are 2-1/2" so wouldn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Comments on the following: if the shafts are hard to turn, it could be an alignment problem OR cutlass bearings- or both.
    Jim,

When I hauled out to replace my cutlass bearings we found that the port shaft was difficult to turn. What we found was a slightly bent main strut. This was repaired by repositioning the strut. All new cutlass bearings, in the water engine alignments on both engines...good as new!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia