Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: My offer accepted on a 45C

I found the old note book from when we ran her from Ft Pierce to Va Beach years ago. It looks like the average was about 18 gph total 1980rpm at 12 knots. The trim tabs did not work and the props were a touch smaller at 26x26. Hope that helps.

That sound a bit low on the gph.

I have 8v53s and at 2100 burn 23 gal/hour.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I found the old note book from when we ran her from Ft Pierce to Va Beach years ago. It looks like the average was about 18 gph total 1980rpm at 12 knots. The trim tabs did not work and the props were a touch smaller at 26x26. Hope that helps.
    Helps A lot.

Mine has no Trim Tabs and 26x30 props. 350 HP 8V71N Thinking 8.5 knots is me. Most trips will be 50 to 60 miles round trip for 2 to 10 days at a time. Huntington Beach to Catalina Island and Back. With lots of Yellow tail Hopefully.

I was wondering if the boat was a bit over propped.

Mike

Mike, if you had a more accurate tach it would help to tell if it was over proped. At times during the sea trail it seemed we were getting as much as 2500 RPMs at WOT, which surprised me, but not sure about those tachs. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Mike, if you had a more accurate tach it would help to tell if it was over proped. At times during the sea trail it seemed we were getting as much as 2500 RPMs at WOT, which surprised me, but not sure about those tachs. John
    John
    Guess there is a reason for the acquisition cost. :{).

Oh and I pick up the keys next Friday. Not sure when the renaming ceremony will be but hope you can Make it.
    Mike

Congrats Mike, now the fun begins, John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Well it's a done deal. closed and picked up the keys yesterday.

Mike

Congrats you will love her.

Moved her to Cabrillo Way Marina in San Pedro Ca. Beautiful Marina a bit pricey but great slip. Oldest son and granddaughters went with me.

My first time driving the 45. She ran like a dream. A few minor repairs, oil change then a week off Catalina Island. With a trip to Mobile Al. to sell my 37 Hat.
    Mike