Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 56 motor yacht

56 motor yacht

How many were built? Do not see many for sale. Edward

Re: 56 motor yacht

They were only built from 81-84 and were replaced by the 58 series II which is essentially the same boat. You always see a few listed for sale but I have no idea how many were built. Hatteras has always kept the production numbers on all of their boats close to the vest.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The 61 CPMY is the same boat plus a 5' cockpit.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

They are a great boat that is not too long for a couple to operate, but with the extra beam for a wider saloon and more engine room space.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    They were only built from 81-84 and were replaced by the 58 series II which is essentially the same boat. You always see a few listed for sale but I have no idea how many were built. Hatteras has always kept the production numbers on all of their boats close to the vest.
    sky, when i called hatteras to find out my hull number they gladly told me that the 58 yf was built from 1970 to 1981 and how many were built(i dont remember the number right now)
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    sky, when i called hatteras to find out my hull number they gladly told me that the 58 yf was built from 1970 to 1981 and how many were built(i dont remember the number right now)
    This topic has come up many times over the years on this forum and no hard numbers have ever been reported except for the sailing yacht and the LRC's.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Interesting. I remember being told, at the High Point plant, that they had made 190 Series I 36Cs, but I don't recall who told me. Might have been Walt Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    How many were built? Do not see many for sale. Edward
    I know that at least 13 were built. I say this as I've got hull #13. I once ran into (metaphorically; not physically) hull #14 while I was in Wilmington NC.

Love the boat. Not so large that I cannot single hand it and dock it by myself when conditions aren't too challenging.

Timothy.
    Timothy Rogers
    1981 56' FDMY
    "Fun@Sea.Calm"

I guess 81

I have hull #360 according to the bill of sale.
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"