Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Sam’s open on Saturday?

I’m trying to call Alex in Ft Lauderdale and I keep getting voicemail. Are they open on Saturday or closed, but not telling us on their phone system? They keep sending me drive oil pressure gauges when I need water temperature, this is the second time in a week the exact same error has occurred and now I paid extra for Saturday delivery. I also kinda need the parts too.
    I think that for the cost of all the shipping on the wrong parts, I could just drive the boat up to Ft Lauderdale from Marathon and pick them up on-site. (Not really, but it sure feels that way when one is frustrated!)
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Re: Is Sam’s open on Saturday?

Closed. But if you call them during the week, they have a place in the bushes to hide your order so you can pick it up on a weekend. Ask me how I know?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Closed on Good Friday and all weekends.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

We decided to just run the boat up there and see them in person. It seems to be the only way to get a correct order: there must be someone there with a drive oil fixation since I’ve been shipped 4 incorrect gauges and two incorrect senders in the past few weeks all drive oil pressure. This episode took the prize though, I called Alex 3 times on Thursday discussing my water temp gauges and their sender, had him call the Stewart Warner distributor about them and then called him again to place the order emphasizing that I needed water temperature gauges and sender. So they sent drive oil parts again.........

This is not the way to make Sam’s my go-to place for parts......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Always deal with Ed personally in Fort Lauderdale. I have used him for spares for 25 years and he has never sent me the wrong part
    Ian w

Steve and Mike have always gotten my orders right. No idea who this Alex is.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Steve and Mike are fabulous. Never an issue.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If the distance is within reason, I always drive (the car) to pick up orders. Not only can I check the order, but I find new diners, get shop tours, and learn all kinds of stuff I didn’t know before.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

I've purchased many parts from Sam's over the years and I have never had any issues at all. Alex may
    be a new guy, I don't know him. Whenever I call Steve in NC and tell him what I need he checks his
    computer file for my boat and bingo...correct part every time...

Walt

Apparently, you need a drive oil pressure gauge. You just don't know it yet.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC