Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Partial blockage in fuel line

Since the problem remains when you switch tanks, the problem must be in the fuel line from the engine to the manifold or in the fuel manifold itself. Maybe the valve is plugged, or the copper line to the engine.

Do you have a priming pump in the system before the Racors?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Sorry for the delay; my bodies engine needed a Pacemaker implanted! We will be going down to Marathon in the Keys from Lauderdale in several weeks and will try running the engine on each filter individually. Maybe that will point out something useful. Your input was gratefully received.

A Pacemaker? for all that effort, you should have gotten a Hatteras..... LOL Glad you are okay.

We will be at Banana Bay from the 12th through the 18th. If you are nearby and need a helping hand for a few hours I could possibly help. That is if you catch me before Rum:30 which can occur at any time of the day

I had a blockage (well, the boat had a blockage) problem several years ago. The engine would bog down from fuel starvation and then surge. It turned out to be a paint chip in the fuel line that was stuck up against a ball valve. Of course I replaced or inspected every section of the fuel system from the tank forward and from the engine backward. The ball valve was the last thing in the system that I hadn't checked. Obviously, that's where the problem was.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

This is a last ditch idea but sometimes old ball valve handles strip and appear to be open (or closed) when they're not.
    1984 Hurley 36 Express sold
    1974 46C series I sold
    1984 46HP series II