Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Overdue 60 Hatt from the Bahamas

Came across this

The United Stated Coast Guard (USCG) Rescue Coordination Center (RCC) Miami, Florida has asked for assistance from the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA) HF Radio Service KPK in locating the following overdue vessel:

The Sportfishing vessel CHIQUITTA, a 60’ Hatteras, is overdue on a trip from Chub Cay in the Bahamas to Ft Lauderdale, Florida. The Hatteras is a twin engine diesel. It is unknown whether is has the enclosed flybridge or open flybridge.

There are two persons on Board (POB), ANTHONY DOMPA, and PATRICK REED. They departed Chub Cay at 0900 hrs, Monday, 15 April 2019, expecting to arrive in Ft Lauderdale that afternoon or evening.

The vessel carries two EPIRBS. Communications equipment is unknown.

All vessels are requested to check in logical stopping points like Bimini or Gun Cay to see if they may have stopped there.

Please report any sightings to the USCG RCC, Miami via VHF or telephone number 305-415-6800, or send me an e-mail to KPK@ssca.org.

Respectfully,

Glenn Tuttle - Net Manager
    SSCA HF Radio Service KPK
    KPK@ssca.org
    941-456-5070
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Overdue 60 Hatt from the Bahamas

Damn...hope everything turns out ok.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

No kidding. Has there been bad weather down there?

The weather here in S FL today was flawless. It's been nice but a little breezy.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

No word on this overdue boat, as far as I can determine. Hope they are okay.