Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Port Aransas To Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    san roc cay
    outcast charter dock
    zekes landing
    sportsman marina
    orange beach marina
    all of these had good restaurants and fuel the last time i was in the area about 9 months ago
    You were supposed to tell me which one is best. 😄
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I've stayed at Orange Beach Marina several times. Full Service yard, Saunders, and GREAT restaurant. Not far from Perdido Pass. Sportsmans Marina is right there as well.

Thanks, Paul.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You can get the diesel cheaper in Fourchon than GI but if you are not buying it wouldn't be worth the run up the pass to get it. Especially 200 gallons.

If you do come in at Perdido Pass, use caution as the deep water goes left and right immediately after passing under the bridge. Orange Beach Marina is to the left. Hug the docks, then you'll see a sign for Orange Beach Marina. Turn 90' at the sign, do not go past the sign. Turn left into the canal that goes to the Marina. Fishers is the BEST restaurant and bar. Have a drink for me 😎

Everything is firmed up for a departure date of May 8. This will be the smallest boat (31' Cabo Express) I've ever delivered. 3126A 350HP CAT's supposedly will provide 1MPG running in the low-20 knot range. If it really does yield those numbers (and the weather cooperates), I may just shoot for Destin on day three. That will allow Clearwater on day 4, again depending on weather. I'm guessing this boat wouldn't be happy at speed in more than 3-4's. Maybe those who are familiar with this boat can verify that.

I wish it carried a bit more than 320 gallons as it makes me a tad nervous to run that close. That first day will let me know what to expect in terms of range.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 04-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93