Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Port Aransas To Mobile

That section west of Mobile is unfamiliar water (something I love), so I'm looking for recommendations for fuel/dockage at around 250 mile intervals. I'm heading for SOFLA but am good from the Mobile area south. Hoping to run outside and just come in for fuel, but we'll see.

I'm moving a Cabo, so this is Hatteras related. Maybe I'll post a thread in the Cabo section to give those folks something to read.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Port Aransas To Mobile

randy, when you say run the outside are you going outside of the mouth of the mississippi river? i think you would be better off coming inshore somewhere west of the river, crossing at industrial lock and then in the icw the rest of the way east. the river is very high right now and has a ton of debris floating downstream, i doubt it would be a safe trip up southwest pass to baptiste collette. let me know what path you plan to take, i can probably help with fuel stops and dockage in the mississippi area.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

If you need to fuel at 250 mile intervals I doubt you can go straight across to Fourchon or Venice. Looks like Sabine Pass may be your first stop and you may have to hug the coast if this site is correct

https://www.waterwayguide.com/explor...uelPriceDiesel

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    randy, when you say run the outside are you going outside of the mouth of the mississippi river? i think you would be better off coming inshore somewhere west of the river, crossing at industrial lock and then in the icw the rest of the way east. the river is very high right now and has a ton of debris floating downstream, i doubt it would be a safe trip up southwest pass to baptiste collette. let me know what path you plan to take, i can probably help with fuel stops and dockage in the mississippi area.
    Billy, outside as in not running the ICW at all unless the weather doesn't cooperate. Unless somebody suggests something different, I plan to run to Sabine Pass Marina on day one, then to Sand Dollar Marina in Grand Isle the second day. I haven't checked into which marina I'll go into beyond that, but I figure one inside Perdido Pass would work out about right. I know there are several marinas there. Guess I'll stay outside to Carrabelle, then on to Clearwater the next day. Will pick up the owner there and end the trip in Boca Raton.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 04-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    If you need to fuel at 250 mile intervals I doubt you can go straight across to Fourchon or Venice. Looks like Sabine Pass may be your first stop and you may have to hug the coast if this site is correct

https://www.waterwayguide.com/explor...uelPriceDiesel
    Yep, I don't have the range for a straight shot. Sabine to Venice would be pushing it too.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Billy, outside as in not running the ICW at all unless the weather doesn't cooperate. Unless somebody suggests something different, I plan to run to Sabine Pass Marina on day one, then to Sand Dollar Marina in Grand Isle the second day. I haven't checked into which marina I'll go into beyond that, but I figure one inside Perdido Pass would work out about right. I know there are several marinas there. Guess I'll stay outside to Carrabelle, then on to Clearwater the next day. Will pick up the owner there and end the trip in Boca Raton.
    gotcha, don't guess i'll be any help in mississippi since you are bypassing the area. if you go in to perdido there are several choices for fuel and dockage. i know of several if you need names
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    gotcha, don't guess i'll be any help in mississippi since you are bypassing the area. if you go in to perdido there are several choices for fuel and dockage. i know of several if you need names
    Lay 'em on me unless you want/need to keep it private. Something with a decent restaurant or one within walking distance. I'm always ready for more than a sammich after 12 hours at the helm.

Shooting for Perdido after going outside the Mississippi seems to be the best bet. Then again, the whole weather thing will change everything I have explored so far. As of now, the departure date is May 8.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

san roc cay
    outcast charter dock
    zekes landing
    sportsman marina
    orange beach marina
    all of these had good restaurants and fuel the last time i was in the area about 9 months ago
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Are you burning diesel or gas and is it coming out of your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Are you burning diesel or gas and is it coming out of your pocket?
    Diesel, and it’s a paid delivery.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93