Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oven question

Oven question

Does anybody out there still have the modern maid oven in their boats. If so could you please explain to me how to turn on the bake mode only. When I turn it on both the broil and bake lights come on, then when I turn the temperature up the oven light turns off and the broil element and light stays on. I know it’s user error but I need to know. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Oven question

I missed stated the above. When I turn the temperature up the bake light goes off and the broil light and element light stays on.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I’ll check the manual later today.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I missed stated the above. When I turn the temperature up the bake light goes off and the broil light and element light stays on.
    Sure the broil stays on and not just a preheating feature?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

No, the broiler stays red hot.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

On mine, both broiler and lower elements come on when preheating. Shortly before hitting the dial temp, the broiler element cuts off, then at temp, the lower element cuts off, and cycles to keep the temp at setting. I don't think there is a way to select the lower, bake element, only.
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 04-14-2019 at 08:55 PM.

After it hits pre heat temp I turn the dial and the broil element and light goes on and the bake element and light goes out. Are you suggesting to turn it up to say 350 and see if the broiler element turns off after it hits the 350 temp?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    After it hits pre heat temp I turn the dial and the broil element and light goes on and the bake element and light goes out.
    Are you suggesting to turn it up to say 350 and see if the broiler element turns off after it hits the 350 temp?
    Yep, that is the way mine works. I set the dial at 350 or whatever, broiler and lower elements and their panel lights come on, about 330 or so, the broiler element and panel light go off, lower element and oven panel light stay on til it hits 350 and go off. Then cycles on as needed to maintain temp.