Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Furniture Removal/Installation on a 63 Motoryacht

Just bought a 1986 63' Motoryacht. Salon furniture needs to be replaced. Single rear door is
    29" wide. Any one have experience installing furniture pieces for this or similar model?
    Looks tight for door access. There is a large fixed "picture window" on the aft bulkhead of the salon
    (faces the aft deck). Can be removed, but hoping to avoid this.

Yes, I do know how to get the old furniture out with a sawzall!

John McCarley
    Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC

Re: Furniture Removal/Installation on a 63 Motoryacht

Most upholstered pieces should fit through the door. If not, you're buying furniture that's too big for a boat. I just received a new Pottery Barn PB Comfort sofa today at my Florida condo. The back is 30" off the floor but that includes 2" wood "feet" that should unscrew. Shop carefully. You'll be fine.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

post some pictures for creative solutions.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Second what Eric said. Shop for "apartment" sized furniture. Draw a diagram of your salon to scale and layout the furniture to scale using the dimensions you see online.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Just finishing an upgrade on a 1980 61' MY. Among the many projects I replaced the two L - shaped couches with 2 sectional couches and two ottomans. Each sectional measures 98 inches long and comprise of 4 pieces. The entire order came shipped in 10 boxes all of which would fit through your door. Just another option. Paul

I redid my salon with a modular sectional group from Glastop Marine. I have the same model as you, and it all fit through the door, no problem. They'll make whatever you want, in whatever fabric you want. Bout a 6 week lead time. I highly recommend them.

The salon table is from Release Marine. Same story. They'll make whatever you want. 6 to 8 week lead time. Can't tell in the pic, but it is Teak, with a Sapele inlay, with a semigloss finish, sits on double stainless pedestals.

The chairs are leather and polished stainless. You pick your leather color. From Italy, long, long wait, $$$, Guessippi Nicoletti...

Sofas have storage under the cushions.

Thank you, dottieshusband. A most helpful reply. My Admiral was pleased to see the pictures. We ordered Glastop furniture for our previous boat. High quality workmanship.