Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

58 YF fresh water system

I have been chasing s water leak for months in the starboard side just behind the salon sliding door. At first I thought it was warter acumulation below the FB seats but they are bone dry. I need to see the fresh water system diagram to see if there is a line going up to the FB, that serves the windscreen wipers. Does anyone has this diagram available. Thanks in advance.

Re: 58 YF fresh water system

Are you saying you have windshield wipers on your flybridge?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

No, on the salon helm station, although they are not been operative for as long I can remember. This was my fathers boat.

I’ll see if I have the blueprints on the boat this weekend. If I do I’ll snap a few photos of it. Can you take a photo and send it to me as to where you think the water is coming in? Text them to 650-619-2308.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks a lot ! That would be great.

On my 58MY the waterlines for the windshield washers run through the corner of the galley behind the sink. We have the galley up model.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

if i remember correctly, the water line comes up from the port engine room up the wire chase and over to the button for wiper water. on the starboard side some models had water come up from the stbd engine room to feed the wet bar and icemaker that is just aft of the stbd wire chase or possibly in the stbd rear corner of the salon. mine has the wet bar on the aft deck but it still had the water line and the drain line in place for the inside option for the bar. that water line may be leaking, if not then you are probably looking at water coming from the flybridge area through the roof of the salon
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Although mine is a 53MY the water lines run the same. You’d be surprised how much water comes in from the screws holding the fly bridge down. Pull your side lights above each side door and reach in the hole and feel if the core is saturated. If wet there you have a bigger issue to deal with.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This weekend I found the leack. It was coming from a coper tubing that starts from the water heater , goes up trough the wire chase in the stbd engine room but it does not emerge in the FB. I am assuming that it feeds the front winshied. I disconnected the tube and put a plug in it.i I would like to confirm that it went to the wipers, but at least I stoped the leack

SEVEN, Could you e-mail a copy of the diagram of the water system? My e-mail is tomrealest@aol.com

Thanks
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible