Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Crashed my drone into the sea. Trying out the new DJI Mavic Air

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee View Post
    Yacht brokers with drones are the worst.
    Now that is a good one!! bwhahaha
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Hey Walt - Aren't drone users the same as yacht brokers? ALL BAD?

Actually Eric, I think there is a commonality between them......MOST are honest and considerate..

Walt

I thought I'd add this little ditty...

"If you put a spoonful of wine in a barrel of sewage, you get sewage

If you put a spoonful of sewage in a barrel of wine, you get sewage"

Walt

I have absolutely no problems with use of drones, when done respectfully. I have just bought a cheapo drone to learn how to fly one as I also want to document my travels for future look backs and for family and friends to see where we've been. Many of the places I want to go to now are because I've seen someone else's great drone footage of. On a side note, I noticed that there appeared to be a lot of strain on your anchor windlass. I would respectfully suggest a snubber. Keep the videos coming.

Greetings All,

As this technology expands and improves i think it has more benefit. I am both a fixed wing and Helicopter pilot and we had places we needed to look at that we could not get a Helicopter into.

We settled on a waterproof drone because we are working close to the water. I can't remember the brand name but it is very similar to the DJI models.

We land it quite frequently in the water and it has a "flip over" mode that is too kool for words!

IMHO they are like anything else....In a jerks hands it's like waltP said. I thought for the longest time "ASSHOLEONAJETSKI" was one word.

Calm seas to all.

Russ
    ATP S&MEL
    COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER
    CE-500,CL-600,DA-10,20,50,G-1159,G-IV,L-1329,LR-JET,N-265,OV-10
    FAA LICENSED UAV PILOT

Are you talking about the SplashDrone? Which one? The latest one (SplashDrone 3) looks real good with 4K camera. They also came up with a smaller one but it’s not stabilized.

I use mine a lot in the Exumas. I ve lost two DJI spark and I am using a Parrot Anafi now. Tempted by the splash drone... the footage you can get is amazing.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Yes, yacht brokers with drones are the worst.... until you want to sell your boat, and you see the drone video that your broker made (at their own expense) showing your boat blazing along in the sun, making a perfect wake, with only one person visible on the boat, and you know that prospective buyers are looking at the video, thinking how pretty she looks, and that there's so much room on that boat for them and their friends and their family...

And then you think yacht brokers with drones are perhaps not so bad at all.