Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Crashed my drone into the sea. Trying out the new DJI Mavic Air

Since I crashed our DJI Phatom in the sea, I had to go shopping for a new drone. This is kind of a product review but its more about me showing off my new toy. So today, I'm trying out our DJI Mavic Air. Lots more drone videos to come.

Thanks for watching. We just hit 300 followers 3 minutes ago. Let's get to our next milestone of 1000. Please subscribe. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/fYYstiZOuG8
    Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 4.43.56 PM.jpg

Last edited by MASTERPLAN MIAMI; 04-09-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Re: Crashed my drone into the sea. Trying out the new DJI Mavic Air

Maximum COOOOOL!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I had someone fly a drone into my condo one time and hate the things. They are an invasion into other people privacy and should not be allowed!!!! I hope you crash this one too.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    I had someone fly a drone into my condo one time and hate the things. They are an invasion into other people privacy and should not be allowed!!!! I hope you crash this one too.
    There are good and bad drone owners/operators; just like anything else.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    There are good and bad drone owners/operators; just like anything else.
    I have yet to see a good drone owner/operator!!! They think they are above the law and have the right to fly those things anywhere they want to.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

I have been using drones for a couple of years now and follow the most important rule: courtesy

I don’t use it in busy, populated areas like here in Miami. Too intrusive, risky and rude to others. I pretty much only use it in the Bahamas usually when anchored or off beaches far away from people. I don’t like beeing buzzed by drones and don’t subject others to it I also stay away from anchored boats.

That said, when flown at a respectful distance invasion of privacy isn’t an issue, no more than someone with a good camera on the street. Drone lenses are wide, not telephoto so unless it s rudely flying 50’ away from you, privacy is not a concern as at that distance you can’t even recognize a face. It s all about respect and courtesy...

On a positive note, drones gives you a completely different perspective and bring you the big picture. In the Bahamas the pictures and videos from drones are stunning. Sometimes even after all these years going to the Exumas , I am still amazed at the “big picture”

https://youtu.be/_XEuaz1_3V8

Ps the people videoed in this link are our guests for whom the clips were taken... not strangers
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Anthony from ReMax owes you! Have wondered about these. Nice video!
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I have been using drones for a couple of years now and follow the most important rule: courtesy

I don’t use it in busy, populated areas like here in Miami. Too intrusive, risky and rude to others. I pretty much only use it in the Bahamas usually when anchored or off beaches far away from people. I don’t like beeing buzzed by drones and don’t subject others to it I also stay away from anchored boats.

That said, when flown at a respectful distance invasion of privacy isn’t an issue, no more than someone with a good camera on the street. Drone lenses are wide, not telephoto so unless it s rudely flying 50’ away from you, privacy is not a concern as at that distance you can’t even recognize a face. It s all about respect and courtesy...

On a positive note, drones gives you a completely different perspective and bring you the big picture. In the Bahamas the pictures and videos from drones are stunning. Sometimes even after all these years going to the Exumas , I am still amazed at the “big picture”

Ps the people videoed in this link are our guests for whom the clips were taken... not strangers
    That's some nice video work there captain. Makes me want to quit my job and move South.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Maximum COOOOOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    You profile says you don't even have a boat? LOL Anyway, Thanks for your comments. Not very nice but I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there that would hope you sink your boat if you had one.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Awesome video. Thanks for your comments and thanks for sharing the video.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits