Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bizarre Encounter Between A "Captain" & USCG

The idiot in the video posted this on a Facebook boating page, so I thought I would help get him the attention he so desperately needs. Be sure to read the email under the description that was addressed to the USCG after the boarding. It's somewhere between entertaining and bizarre, but it should be good for a laugh.

Anybody else on here work on their engine below deck while naked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6m...zKdsZ5rK1s9OWc
    Last edited by Freeebird; 04-07-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Bizarre Encounter Between A "Captain" & USCG

Piece of work. Know he’ll act the same when he’s sinking. Might be time for a quick bottom job on the way to save him.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Oh sweet mother of pearl, another sovereign citizen. There's a planet full of nuts out there and here's your proof. They plague law enforcement on the highways, it was only a matter of time before they showed up on the water.

Between them and flat-earthers I think humanity is doomed.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I have been boarded twice, years ago, once for a running light out (didn't realize it had burnt out) and once for a routine boarding. Both were done in ten minutes. These guys are professionals and know what they are doing, they do it hundreds of times a year of not more. They were remarkably patient with this stupid idiot and his pigpen of a boat.

5. Re: Bizarre Encounter Between A "Captain" & USCG

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Oh sweet mother of pearl, another sovereign citizen. There's a planet full of nuts out there and here's your proof. They plague law enforcement on the highways, it was only a matter of time before they showed up on the water.

Between them and flat-earthers I think humanity is doomed.
    Exactly right.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

I think the boys were having a "dealing with idiots" drill....... Bet it took a lot not to laugh for the senior ones...
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Great video on "What not to do when the Coast guard boards".
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

I’ll have to brush up on anatomy - I didn’t know you could tear a meniscus in your brain.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

I suspect he's making ALL of it up.

I have been boarded several times. Once I was followed across a small bay to my house. Was very surprised at the tactic but very professional. Years ago in a 46 Bertram on the way back from Key West by the time I realized it was so rough I was not comfortable turning the boat around so plugged away at 16 MPH in serious 6 footers with a few let’s just say bigger thrown into the mix. It’s a story in itself 😄. Anyway customs plane spotted us as the only boat crossing that day. Stopped us of Of Marco Island. These guys did a very thorough search and could not have been more polite or professional. Comply and .... well you know.