Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1976 58' LRC - Under Contract - Surverys and Sea Trail Soon

I wish you good luck with the survey and sea trail. I hope everything goes smooth for you and you have many happy years of ownership!!!
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Well.... the sea trial and survey went relatively well.... one thing for sure.... the boat is a beast out of the water...

However there were a few things that cropped up on the survey that could be problemattic in the future.

One item was noted corrosion on the exhaust riser spray head. Surveyor noted significant corrosion underneath the thermal covering.... that looked kinda like loosely wrapped black insulating fabric. There are no matintenance records that might provide any indication when or it the exhuast spray head may have been replaced or its internal condition.

Anyone with any experience on this??

Also, the original Hatteras Alarm system had been totally removed and the vessel does not have any type of significant engine, generator, fire, smoke or bilge (high water) alarms installed. Did the original Hatteras Alarm system simply become obsolete and non-repairable? Anyone retrofit a modern day vessel alarm system on a LRC or motor yacht of this vintage?

Thanks in advance!

Alarm system is repairable. Sams still has most of the parts.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

those exhaust risers are available or can be made ,Marine Exhaust can duplicate what you have ....Pat

Re: 1976 58' LRC - New Owner

Well.... it's official... Deal has been agreed upon as of this morning.... now have to get her from Key West up to Connecticut.... the journey begins....

Congratulations. I’m also from Connecticut. Maybe I’ll see you in the area.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

She'd be hard to miss, being about the size of a 747, without the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    Congratulations. I’m also from Connecticut. Maybe I’ll see you in the area.
    Pete-

I'll be keeping her at Mystic River Marina for this season.... should have her in New England waters by mid-June.... The current owner is helping me bring her up and I'm taking the opportunity to learn as much from him as possible on the trip.... unfortunately in the middle of all that I have to be out of the country for work for 10 days....

Congratulations and have a safe trip. If you happen to stop by Sandy Hook, NJ let me know and perhaps
    we can get together for some food and a cold one.

Walt

I am at Riviera Beach City Marina at the Lake Worth Inlet by Palm Beach if you stop nearby. Shoot me an e-mail, tomrealest@aol.com
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible