Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks learning as much as possible about classic Hatteras Yachts. I currently have an accepted offer on a 1976 58' LRC. I tried to post a link earlier but don't have enough posts yet to post a link to the Yachtworld listing.... but she is the one that is currently located in Key West "Buster".

I have spent about three hours on this boat so far and the upgrades noted in the listing makes this boat show very well. I understand some major items to look for during survey is soft spots on decks (especially around stations) and the bow pulpit.

I would appreciate any heads up on other big ticket items that I should focus on during the survey of this particular model Hatteras.

I have owned my current boat for 13 years (1989 44' Ocean SS Sportfish) and have replaced or upgraded almost everything on her including both fuel tanks, rebuild both 671-TI engines (subcontracted), detailed engine room, new soundproofing throughout, new electronics, rebuilt and raised all hatches, new generator, etc.... so I have some idea of those type items to look for... but I'm not super intimately familiar with the 58' LRC.

One of the main items this particular boat needs is a stabilizer system since the original stabilizer system (the entire system) was removed by a previous owner. I have been researching my options for stabilizer systems over the last 3-4 weeks.

Assuming everything goes well during surveys and sea trial, the plan for the boat is to keep her in New England during the summer and somewhere very warm in the winter.

As a native Tarheel, this seems a little like coming home again...

Any input offered would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JD