Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

28 Hatteras in MA, Newburyport

Saw one on boatrader.com today; having trouble linking to it. Does anyone know this boat, is the owner on HOF? Dark blue hull, name is "Ima Hattie" Looking for a friend, I am happy with the Hatteras I've owned for only 28 years this month.

Re: 28 Hatteras in MA, Newburyport

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I owned her almost 16 years ago. She was in great shape then and the lady that bought her did most of the upgrades.

She has been repowered plus a bunch of other stuff.

I am proud to say I rescued her from a field 50 miles from the ocean in NH.

She has been well cared for the lady's name that I sold her to was Kate and she was a Duck Boat Captain in Boston. The boat has been up there most of her life.

Hope this helps

It does, and thanks to both of you. I have had trouble with the c/p function over the last two days. Time to get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it.

RW, can you comment on what you liked about this model and what you didn't like? My friends for whom I'm looking have some experience; they are not new to boating. They are also fairly handy, certainly as much as I am. There doesn't seem to be a data sheet in the listing, at least I did not see one.

Found it. Different format than I'm used to. Hopefully we can go up and see her.

How soon we forget.

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...ras-28-express

I talked to Kate a few days ago, and the boat is under contract. Haven't heard if it's a done deal at this point.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just an update from Kate. It seems the contract hasn't been signed yet, so the boat is still available for now. As she said, "First check gets it".
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Duly noted and my friend has been in touch with the broker. I got a note from Kate as well. Thanks.

IMHO a perfect RON or weekend boat. Stable and fairly easy to work on. Kate did a marvelous job of upgrading and maintaining her! She used to have a blog I read regularly.