Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIB Retubing

RIB Retubing

Our 1999 Novurania 11 foot tender needs retubing. Thus far I have determined my two options are to personally bring it to one of two service centers, Vero Beach, FL, or Essex, CT. I am located in New Bern, NC. Long, multi day drives, I would rather not make four times.

Thus my request for alternative facilities that do quality work, use OEM replacement tubes, and are closer to my home base. Located in NC would be ideal, or somewhere on the Chesapeake Bay would be helpful. Priority one is a quality job.

Any recommendations?
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

Re: RIB Retubing

Any idea on cost. Thinking about getting my 14' Novurania done.

https://inflatableboatsofflorida.com/service-center

Call this company. Have used in the past and they provide incredible service to the yachts that come in. They still service Novo's., and used to sell them.

I would think a group like this could fabricate it, and and have a Jarrett Bay vendor install it.

I know that TMI does this in Savannah for the big yachts through River Supply, so I am sure you won't have to travel.

I have the same 235 model boat. Not sure that factory retubing is necessary.

Others will know better.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I dont know if IBOF does retubing but they have excellent service. The owner, Nathan, is a friend of a friend and we bought a 15’ Walker Bay from them for the Lazzara 84 I run. Excellent service, even thought we re in Miami they pick up the tender if it needs service.

5 or 6 years ago i has a rendova 14 retubed by Inflatable Marlin Svce in FTL. I forgot the price but it was reasonable A long way from where you are though. That said, if you can remove the Outboard shipping by truck would not be expensive
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Roukeh, last fall when I priced it, $6K was the cost assuming I delivered to their door and picked it up for return.
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

Had mine retubed here in Calif. they used a brand called Fiji on my old Aqua Pro 10 footer and it was $1300.00. And after 2 years of light usage, seems to be holding up just fine. Probably a lot cheaper than OEM. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

If you have time and space, retune yourself? I reglued and reinstalled the time on my Zodiac ProJet in a day. Putting the tube on was the easiest part.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Retube. And tube. Damn autocorrect
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

I purchased new tubes for my '96 13' Zodiac from Defender ($2100.00). I have yet to install them but I had the old ones off once to repair and paint them. They are easy to remove and install. It is a spline and track system. I also have an '04 13' AB which came with the recent Hatteras purchase which the PO left out in the weather for 10 plus years and it has some serious UV damage. I'm not planning to replace the tubes - cost prohibitive and they are a glue on type - but I have found a paint for inflatables which looks promising. A neighbor painted his boat with Tuff SRC 3 yrs ago and the result is impressive. When I'm back in Seattle (early July) I'll install tubes and paint and report the results.

bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Bob, call Sal’s inflatables in Alameda. If they don’t sell it they can get it. Good group.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California