Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 58my SERIES 1

58my SERIES 1

This boat looks really nice. I have no affiliation. Someone just sent me a link and I thought I'd post it here.

Not sure how I like the elimination of the back deck, but you have to say they did it right. Good to see these boats updated and well cared for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l40TIegjaUs
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: 58my SERIES 1

Looks very nice in the video...but it was made 5 years ago. Now in the great lakes, 5 years of use is
    not the same as 5 years on the east coast but it's still long enough to make a difference if it hasn't
    been taken care of properly. This one probably has been maintained well if it's been owned by the
    same people during that time..... Just for curiosity, what are they asking...

Walt

Didn't see in on their website, so I'm guessing it sold.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just relisted with the broker so maybe not up on their site yet. Ask $359k
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post

Not sure how I like the elimination of the back deck, but you have to say they did it right. Good to see these boats updated and well cared for.
    Not trying to stir the pot (this time), but as the owner of a 53ED, isn't this the equivalent of a "58ED" where the back deck is concerned?

Just curious if it's the thought of changing an original to something else that lead to your comment. I personally like the idea on the galley up version.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It looks very very nice. A great boat if you live in Canada where you need to maximize interior space. Anywhere else, forget it. No aft deck... no ventilation. Just doesn’t work
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Who cares about ventilation when you have an air conditioned salon/dining area, a large fore deck, and a huge flybridge to hang out on when you want to be outside?

I would rather have the open aft deck in cooler climates than South Florida where it's too damn hot to enjoy it most of the time, but that's just me.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Because here in SoFl and Bahamas we spend a lot of time in the water. Having a little balcony and no side deck means you have to come in wet to get to the bow or flybridge.

Down here 95% of the time there is enough breeze to be cool on the aft deck thanks to the wing doors, even in summer. Having spend quite a bit of time on both a 58 and 53, the difference is huge.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Randy, this is the same boat as ours, they removed the wall separating the salon from the aft deck & moved it back to create the small "back porch." It would definitely be a plus as far as line handling goes, & gives you a much larger salon. To each his own..... we have grown to really like the separate aft deck. Of course up here, we don't die from heat as much as South Florida. Last fall, we spent most of our time on the aft deck.

Still no way to go from the water to the bow in a wet swim suit without dripping through the salon like Pascal says. But all in all we would still opt for the separation

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Because here in SoFl and Bahamas we spend a lot of time in the water. Having a little balcony and no side deck means you have to come in wet to get to the bow or flybridge.

Down here 95% of the time there is enough breeze to be cool on the aft deck thanks to the wing doors, even in summer. Having spend quite a bit of time on both a 58 and 53, the difference is huge.
    Series I 58MY doesn't have wing doors, but again, to each their own. The smaller aft deck should be more than adequate for line handling, drying off, etc. It then becomes a matter of whether you prefer dining indoors or out.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93