Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Northeast '19! - The Northeast Rendezvous

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully we won't have to wait a year to see you, but there is always next year. Good luck with the repair and the new boat.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Thank you! Still enjoying our “new” boat, even if we are here at our pier. Living aboard until school starts. Always something to do... varnish, splice mooring lines, scrub the decks....until the new flange is fabricated.FLUFF43DCMY HULL#500

I know there are some of us still out there enjoying Island Time, but I'm back at work basking in the afterglow (so to speak) of another great rendezvous.

We had an excellent weather window for the ride out and back and the time we spent on B.I. As usual, the company and hospitality of everyone involved was excellent. It was great to see some new faces and get acquainted with some of the people we "see" here on a regular basis.

Block Island is always a treat. In addition to the great Hatteras group there is always something going on at Payne's Dock (You could spend an afternoon just watching them juggle boats at the docks. The "dock rats" there are amazing.) There's plenty of touristy stuff in town, lighthouses to visit and some nice beaches within an easy walk or bike ride.

Thank you to everybody who was involved in getting this show together. Particularly Jerry for setting up the dinner venue and reservations and JD for his generous gesture. I know I'm already looking forward to seeing everybody again at the next one.

Here's a few photos. Enjoy before tinypic shuts down.

Light at the entrance to New Harbor:

Dawn on the harbor:

Dinner was at "Dead Eye Dicks". For some reason nobody could get the name straight.

They had VIP parking for my group:

On the way back, we got to do some whale watching. Moderately bad video linked here:

https://youtu.be/fgEaSoQF_cc

My only regret was not having enough time to spend with everybody. I hope we all have the chance to do it again next year so we can make up for that.

1970 36C375

That was a great video. Loved the whale tail waves at the end.

Thank you. The cell phones don't do the experience justice. They were slapping the water with their pectoral fins. That's how we knew they were Humpbacks. Unfortunately they got a little camera shy when they got near the boat. So the best we got was some long distance stills.

Maybe this is the excuse I need to buy a better camera.

1970 36C375

And a good lens or two.

I sell some real nice zeiss lens if you need.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sorry I missed it guys. I was really looking forward to the event, but a 4 day window of FAC at the canyons is just too good to pass up on.

Fishing was slow with only 2 yellows and a few mahi until this guy showed up...

20190803_183926.jpg

61", 24" girth. Estimated live weight 85lbs.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Waaahhhoooooooooooo! Nice fish.

But you still missed a good time. We missed you too. Maybe next year.

1970 36C375

Thanks, Derek. BTW, I received the fuel treatments. Thank you very much.
    Bob
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

My pleasure, and thank YOU.

1970 36C375