Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Allison M15 oil leak

I have my exhaust blankets off my port engine so I can replace a leaking turbo gasket, and noticed that fresh clean oil is dripping onto the left rear motor mount. I'm not very familiar with the gears, as fortunately, they have never given me any problem. It seems to be coming from the device (hydraulic pump perhaps?) that the alternator drive sender is mounted to. It is dripping while the engine is not running. Not sure how long it has been dripping, as I would not have seen it if the exhaust blanket were in place. Any suggestions on where to start? I'm going to clean it off and try to isolate the precise spot that it is leaking from. Is this a maintainable part, or a candidate for replacement?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Allison M15 oil leak

It sounds like a leak from the hydreco pump. There is a seal kit available from Acadian Marine Transmission and they can give you a diagram of the pump internals as well. It isn’t a very big job to remove the pump and replace the seals. This worked for me when I had a similar problem. You will also need a new gasket for remounting the pump after you reseal it. I don’t remember if Acadian had these, but if not Diesel Pro does.

Re: Allison M15 oil leak

Thanks.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau