Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Connect Shore Water

Has anyone converted the standard screw on hose connectors on a 53 to quick connect? I searched the archives but the comments seem to be about boats that came with quick connects.

Also, where is a good spot to plumb a wash down pump, and which should I go with, fresh or sea water?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Re: Quick Connect Shore Water

I would never rinse with salt water. The point is to get the salt off the boat, isn’t it? Different on a fishing boat where you may need to use a ton of water to wash the fishing mess. A decent fresh water pump will provide enough pressure to rinse.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Very good points. I'll just tap into the fresh water lines. Any good spots to put the spigot? I may go-ahead and put a shower by the swim platform while I am at it.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I added the quick connection to both sides of my 53 and added the shut off there as well. Don’t you have a wash down already on the starboard bow?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

No, there is no wash down. There is a breaker switch, but I will have to trace the wiring to find the pump, if there is one. The original mechanic said that the boat originally didn't have a pulpit and the PO added it after he bought the boat, and there is a hawsepipe on the deck. Maybe that has something to do with it.

IMG_0558.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL